Gangtok: Tibetan spiritual leader The Dalai Lama is scheduled to visit Sikkim in October, later this year. The Dalai Lama had last visited Sikkim in 2010.
Ecclesiastical Minister Sonam Lama has extended an invitation to the Tibetan spiritual leader for his visit in October later this year. The Minister had led a delegation from Sikkim to Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh to extend the invitation.
“The Dalai Lama on the contrary expressed a keen desire to visit Sikkim, which he claimed to be always dear to him, and graciously accepted the invitation for which we are highly grateful. His Holiness expressed his deep gratitude for the invitation and enquired about the well-being of the people of Sikkim”, shared the Minister through a press release.
Similarly, Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Golay also shared in social media, “I am joyful that His Holiness accepted the invitation to visit our state. His benign presence will be a great privilege for the devotees to seek his blessings”.
- Black Panther 2: why death of someone young can be harder to handle
- PETA India seeks changes in Wild Life Bill to prevent elephants ownership
- All you need to know about ‘binge-eating disorder’, more common than many realise
- Nepal polls: Rise of two new parties ends monopoly of traditional forces in Madhes region
- Over 2,900 communal violence cases registered in India in last 5 years
- India will steer celebration of International Millet Year 2023: PM