Gangtok: An alternative alignment road in Sikkim along NH310 at 4th Mile, over Gangtok, has now been named the Narendra Modi Marg. The road connecting Gangtok to Nathula International border falls under Kyongnosala Gram Panchayat Unit.
The inauguration was carried out by Governor Ganga Prasad along with Gangtok legislator Yon Tshering Lepcha, and scores of Bharatiya Janata Party leaders from Sikkim on Tuesday.
In his address at 4th Mile Junior High School, JN Road, Governor Prasad said, “It was a moment of pride for me to inaugurate alternative road, which was named after the most respected Prime Minister of the nation Shri Narendra Modi. The construction of alternative road will also boost tourism and employment opportunities for local youth of Kyongnosala Gram Panchayat Unit.”
The Governor also announced a sum of Rs. 5 lakh for the development of 4th Mile Junior High School, JN Road.
- Pfizer chief Albert Bourla wins $1 million Genesis Prize
- US, allies pledge unity on Russia; to do what isn’t as clear
- Al-Qaida’s links with Pak-based terror groups strengthening: India at UN
- Three of Tonga’s smaller islands badly damaged by tsunami
- No new COVID restrictions yet: Himanta
- Tendency of UN members to label terrorism into categories dangerous: India