Gangtok: An alternative alignment road in Sikkim along NH310 at 4th Mile, over Gangtok, has now been named the Narendra Modi Marg. The road connecting Gangtok to Nathula International border falls under Kyongnosala Gram Panchayat Unit.
The inauguration was carried out by Governor Ganga Prasad along with Gangtok legislator Yon Tshering Lepcha, and scores of Bharatiya Janata Party leaders from Sikkim on Tuesday.
In his address at 4th Mile Junior High School, JN Road, Governor Prasad said, “It was a moment of pride for me to inaugurate alternative road, which was named after the most respected Prime Minister of the nation Shri Narendra Modi. The construction of alternative road will also boost tourism and employment opportunities for local youth of Kyongnosala Gram Panchayat Unit.”
The Governor also announced a sum of Rs. 5 lakh for the development of 4th Mile Junior High School, JN Road.
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal
- PM undertook 21 trips abroad since 2019, over Rs 22.76 cr spent: Govt
- Biden believes iCET key for US, India to create tech ecosystem: WH