Gangtok: Sikkim was awarded the ‘Most Film Friendly State’ of the country at the 67th National Film Awards.
The award was received by the state’s Information and Public Relations Minister Lok Nath Sharma at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi on Monday from Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
Sikkim was recognised for standing out as a new destination for shooting films in the country, officials in Gangtok said on Tuesday.
The recognition comes as a moment of pride for the state and shall greatly facilitate setting the foundation for Sikkim to become a premier film destination, while also providing opportunities for the local filmmakers and artistes, they added.
- With Omicron, third wave projected to hit India by Feb
- Tripura: ‘Trafficking’ victim found in Mumbai, but state police won’t get her
- Omicron coronavirus variant linked with high risk of reinfection: Study
- A timeline of Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi’s political life
- Beijing threatens retaliation if US boycotts Olympics
- Cyclone woes: Salt-tolerant paddy helps over 4 lakh farmers in Bengal