Gangtok: There maybe a lot of hostility and animosity between India and China but when it comes to people-to-people connect, it’s all about handshakes and exchange of pleasantries. And that is exactly what happened at Nathu La border outpost in Sikkim, along the India-China border recently.
Indian tourists shook hands with a Chinese Army man posted at the border outpost located at a height of over 14,140 feet. And guess how the Chinese army officer responded? He greeted the India n tourists with a ‘Namaste’. They also had a short and sweet conversation. And the video has gone viral.
Check out the video:
The tourists belonged to different parts of India who visited Nathu La, the mountainous pass situated in the East Sikkim district of the Indian Himalayan state. The pass lies at 4,310 mt above sea level and connects Sikkim with China’s Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’