The Inspiration4 crew spoke with the Oblivion and Top Gun actor Tom Cruise, over a day after SpaceX’s Dragon officially exited the Earth to enter Space.
“Rook, Nova, Hanks, and Leo spoke to @TomCruise sharing their experience from space. Maverick, you can be our wingman anytime.” tweeted Inspiration4 team.
In the tweet, Maverick was referred to the actor’s fighter pilot character’s call sign from the 1986 Hollywood movie Top Gun. The actor’s new film Top Gun: Maverick is scheduled for release in May 2022.
Like in Tom Cruise’s film, the four astronauts aboard SpaceX’s mission craft have their own call signs. Jared Isaacman, the billionaire chief of the mission, has flown fighter jets in the past and his call sign was Rook, short for rookie.
While training for flying to the orbit, Isaacman took his crewmates up in fighterjets to make them experience sharp turns and high-G forces, to prepare them for the mission.
During this training, Isaacman’s crewmates picked their own call signs. Hayley Arceneaux picked the name Nova, Sian Proctor picked Leo and Christopher Sembroski chose his call sign to be Hanks.
- IPL 2021: Commentators’ traditional outfits set off meme-gala
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistan
- Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 16
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 16
- Manipur woman found dead in Gurgaon under mysterious circumstances