With the recent cases of racism and hate against the people of the Northeast region, students organisations and Universities from the Northeastern region of India have decided to initiate a “Twitter Storm” to get the government of India to include a section on the Northeast region of India in NCERT textbooks that are followed by CBSE schools.
The Nagaland University Students’ Union NUSU (L) President, Hipito Achumi, issued a statement that read, “as we are already aware of the subtle discrimination against the Northeast even to the extent of accusing us of being Chinese is not a new topic.”
“Starting from facial abuse to racial abuse, even to the extent of accusing us of being Chinese is not a new topic. Many incidents from the past and till today are provident enough of the negligible information that the mainland Indians have on the 8 states of Northeast India,” added the NUSU president in his official statement.
NUSU President Achumi urged the Northeastern people to join hands for a good cause and help by spreading the news about their movement to as many others as possible.
- Navy to open all branches for women from next year: Navy Chief
- 11% of Covid cases that needed hospitalisations had lung scarring: US study
- How can failures in fighting corruption be overcome?
- India needs to be more open-minded about open jails, says researcher
- Walking backwards has a surprising number of health benefits
- IMF says it fully supports India’s G20 agenda