With the recent cases of racism and hate against the people of the Northeast region, students organisations and Universities from the Northeastern region of India have decided to initiate a “Twitter Storm” to get the government of India to include a section on the Northeast region of India in NCERT textbooks that are followed by CBSE schools.
The Nagaland University Students’ Union NUSU (L) President, Hipito Achumi, issued a statement that read, “as we are already aware of the subtle discrimination against the Northeast even to the extent of accusing us of being Chinese is not a new topic.”
“Starting from facial abuse to racial abuse, even to the extent of accusing us of being Chinese is not a new topic. Many incidents from the past and till today are provident enough of the negligible information that the mainland Indians have on the 8 states of Northeast India,” added the NUSU president in his official statement.
NUSU President Achumi urged the Northeastern people to join hands for a good cause and help by spreading the news about their movement to as many others as possible.
- Nagaland: 111 recruits receive appointment letters at Rozgar Mela
- ‘Tora’s Husband’: Rima Das’s refreshing, impactful neo-realist drama
- Assam: 74 rare tortoises seized from Silchar-Sealdah train, 2 arrested
- Internet ban in Manipur again? Check details here
- Nagaland: Church condemns PM’s call for cleanliness drive on Sunday
- Ukhrul: Journalists boycott 24 AR over ‘harassment’ of reporter