Imphal: Yet another unaccounted explosion rocked Manipur’s capital Imphal on Sunday, this time at the house of a bureaucrat.
The blast took place at the residence of Pangeijam Gojendro, director of rural development, Panchayati Raj and settlement department, at Khabam Maning Leikai in Imphal East, at about 9:45 pm on Sunday.
As per sources, some miscreants hurled the Chinese-made grenade that landed near the bathroom of Gojendro’s residence.
No casualties or injuries were reported. However, a portion of the house was damaged due to the force of the explosion.
On Friday evening, a similar explosion took place outside the residence of agricultural department director N Gojendro Singh at Tera Sapam Leirak in Imphal West. The IED explosion occurred at around 9:40 pm.
- 9 blacklisted for ‘harassing’ officials through RTI queries in Gujarat
- AIFF Footballer of Year: It’s Sunil Chhetri and Manisha Kalyan
- China: First batch of Indian students will arrive ‘very soon’
- Congress to launch ‘Bharat Jodo Yatra’ from Sept 7
- Assam: Japanese Encephalitis death toll climbs to 66
- Tea exports increase by 7% in first five months