Imphal: Yet another unaccounted explosion rocked Manipur’s capital Imphal on Sunday, this time at the house of a bureaucrat.
The blast took place at the residence of Pangeijam Gojendro, director of rural development, Panchayati Raj and settlement department, at Khabam Maning Leikai in Imphal East, at about 9:45 pm on Sunday.
As per sources, some miscreants hurled the Chinese-made grenade that landed near the bathroom of Gojendro’s residence.
No casualties or injuries were reported. However, a portion of the house was damaged due to the force of the explosion.
On Friday evening, a similar explosion took place outside the residence of agricultural department director N Gojendro Singh at Tera Sapam Leirak in Imphal West. The IED explosion occurred at around 9:40 pm.
Also read: I will compete with myself at CWG, strive to better my world record: Chanu
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh