Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Wednesday handed over a cash amount of Rs 1 lakh to BT Henjoy Vaiphei, a traffic police personnel, for his exemplary work in the Churachandpur district.
Vaiphei was felicitated at the CM Secretariat in the presence of chief secretary Rajesh Kumar and other officials for his commitment towards people’s safety.
In a video which has gone viral on social media, Vaiphei was seen playing a vital role in keeping the traffic flow smooth at the Tuibuong junction in Churachandpur town despite heavy downpour on Tuesday.
“Came across this video of a traffic police personnel on duty in Churachandpur despite heavy rain. His dedication to service is truly commendable,” CM Biren Singh posted on Facebook on Tuesday. Tomorrow, I’ll be handing out a cash reward for his exemplary commitment to serve the public, he added.
“I am very grateful to the chief minister and state government for the acknowledgment. Being a traffic police personnel, one has to perform the duty wholeheartedly,” said Vaiphei.
- Assam: ‘Swarna Panam’ steals show on International Tea Day
- Assam DGP says OC suspended over ‘custodial death’ in Nagaon
- BJP ended ‘culture of corruption’ in NE: Shah in Arunachal
- Series Review – Panchayat Season 2
- Assam Cong looks to recover lost ground in KAAC elections
- Assam flood: 4 more die; 6.8 lakh affected