Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday inaugurated the first-of-its-kind 10 bedded ICU Ward and Tele ICU Hub at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) in Imphal West district to address the shortage of medical specialists in remote places.
Equipped with some of the best and most innovative facilities, the newly-inaugurated 10-bedded ICU will enable in serving the patients in JNIMS Hospital. Also, the Tele ICU hub will provide seamless Tele consulting facilities in the remote areas where medical facilities are lacking. Moreover, the project will create healthcare more accessible for the people in the state.
According to CM Biren Singh, the project is a private-public partnership (PPP) project between the state government and a group of NGOs.
The project is also to provide the state-of-the-art ICU medical equipment, and ICU management cloud software platform to save lives, especially in remote and rural areas that need access to life-threatening critical care and ICU support, Singh added.
The inauguration ceremony was attended by ministers, MLAs, senior government officials, doctors, nurses and other staff of JNIMS Hospital.
- Beyond patriarchy: matrilineal societies exist around world
- 10 musicians who had to change their stage names
- Can Northeast become India’s next ‘saffron bowl’? Experts think so
- Molecule neutralising SARS-CoV-2 virus found, could reduce infection duration
- Chatbot revolution risks becoming a race of the reckless
- In Russia’s war on Ukraine, one of battlegrounds is language