Imphal: The Board of Secondary Education, Manipur (BOSEM) on Friday expelled two students from appearing in the ongoing High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) examination 2022 for using unfair means during the examination.
According to BOSEM Secretary Dr S Mangijao Singh, two students who appeared for the HSLC examination for science paper at Kumari High School, Hiyangthang and Cosmopolitan High School, Chingkhu, Pangei exam centres were expelled for impersonation and copying.
Earlier, on the first day of the Class 10 board exam, one student was expelled from Yumnam Huidrom Government High School examination centre for impersonation.
The HSLC examination, which was started on April 5, will continue till April 26.
This year, a total of 39,764 candidates are appearing for the HSLC exam offline conducted by BOSEM in across 192 examination centres in the state with strict adherence to COVID-19 SoPs and guidelines.
This year, according to BOSEM official, there has been an increase of 7,444 students as compared to the total number of students appeared in the last year’s Class 10 board examination.
Last year, in view of the surge of COVID-19 positive cases, the State government cancelled Class 10 and 12 board physical examinations. The examinations were conducted through Alternative Assessment or Evaluation Mechanism.
- ‘Semkhor’: Nagaland Dimasa body condemns wrong depiction of community in film
- ISRO scientist Anil Kumar elected VP of International Astronautical Federation
- All women entitled to safe, legal abortion: Supreme Court
- Assam: Prez Murmu to inaugurate Dhubri Medical College on Oct 12
- 1 dead, 9 TMC supporters injured in accident while returning from rally
- Sikkim: Golay hands job orders to 2000 unemployed as ‘Dushera Gift’