Imphal: Sorokhaibam Rajen Singh has been sworn in as Member Elect of Manipur Legislative Assembly on Sunday. Governor of Manipur La Ganesan administered him the oath of office.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Darbar Hall of Raj Bhavan in Imphal. Caretaker chief minister N Biren Singh, Th Biswajit Singh, Y Khemchand Singh, Govindas Konthoujam, L Sushindro Singh, chief secretary, DGP and top officials attended the ceremony.
Talking to the media after the ceremony, S. Rajen Singh said as a senior member he has been appointed as the person before whom newly elected members of the Manipur Legislative Assembly shall make and subscribe an oath of affirmation until a Speaker of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly is elected.
When asked about a new government formation in the state, he said the BJP is a well-disciplined party and all elected members will abide by the decision taken by the party’s high command. “There is no in-fighting for the chief ministerial post,” he added.
Th Bishwajit Singh, while talking to the media after the swearing-in ceremony, said, some baseless news reports have emerged about the formation of the new government in the state.
“There is no in-fighting or camps among the elected members of the BJP. All members will adhere to the decision taken by the party’s parliamentary board and, within a few days, we will come to know that who will lead the new government in the state,” he added.
- Manipur: Two militants of banned Kuki outfit arrested
- World Chocolate Day: 10 Fun facts you didn’t know!
- Film industry being singled out as ‘worst place in the world’: Deepti Naval
- Govt bulldozing people’s budget through inflation: Cong on LPG price hike
- Political instability deepens in Sri Lanka as Aviation Minister resigns
- Bus service to Kathmandu starts from West Bengal’s Siliguri