A video that shows a rather bumpy landing of a Garuda Indonesia aircraft at an unknown airport has gone viral on Twitter. The 37-second video shared here on Twitter on January 9, 2022, has crossed 8.1K views and 183 retweets.
The video was also carried by some Assam news outlets on Monday.
New claims on old video
This is not the first time that the video has been shared on Twitter. A keyword search on Twitter shows that the same video was shared by the user @aki_re_su on September 17, 2021, at 9.11 p.m. It says, “Thank you for flying Garuda Indonesia…hope you fly with us again”
Another user with the handle name @OttoHuang120 also shared the video on the same day and has gathered more than 10.4K views and 71 retweets.
EastMojo fact check team did a keyword search on YouTube and found that the corresponding footage was from the 5.44 mark to the 6.18 mark in this video. The video was published on May 2, 2020, by YouTube user Bopbibun.
The video titled “Most Crazy Emergency Landing By Drunk Pilot | X-Plane 11” mentions it as a simulated video. The title description mentions, “This is only in the flight simulation. This situation is not real!”
- Arunachal: Dy CM holds meeting with APEDA, power department
- Pakistan ‘not completely optimistic’ of Taliban govt in Kabul: NSA
- Changes in IAS rules will up scope for abuse of power by Centre: ex-civil servants
- Entire nation’s eyes on us: Tata Sons chairman to AI employees
- Assembly polls: Public meetings for first phase in UP from Friday
- Meghalaya CM breaks silence over attending R-Day celebrations