Astronaut Mark Vande Hei has made history by completing 272 days in space in a single space flight as of January 6, 2022, breaking the previous record held by Drew Morgan who spent 272 days in space in a single flight.
Vande Hei has three more spaceflight records to break, including Peggy Wilson’s, who spent 288 days, Christina Koch’s 328 days, and Scott Kelly’s 340 days in a single spaceflight before his earthbound journey home on March 30 completing 350 days in a single spaceflight.
Mark Thomas Vande Hei is a retired United States Army officer currently with NASA who has served as a Flight Engineer for Expedition 53, 54, 64, and 65 on the International Space Station.
- Lata Mangeshkar showing signs of improvement, in ICU
- 10 Myanmarese fishermen, floating in Andaman Sea for 10 days, rescued
- Climate, COVID, China: Takeaways from online Davos event
- ISL: Bottom-placed NEUFC looking to revive fortunes
- Assam’s Orang has more tigers than ever. And they’re straying into villages
- Probe on in death of four Indians at US-Canada border, smuggling op