Guwahati: Guwahati’s Handique Girls College has been declared as a Micro Containment Zone for seven days from December 1 to December 7, 2021, according to a circular from the office of the College Principal cum Secretary, Utpal Dutta.
“In view of the detection of COVID-19 positive cases among students and staff of Handique Girls’ College, the Kamrup (Metro) District Administration has declared the college as a Micro Containment Zone for seven days,” said the order.
The movement of any unauthorized individual and vehicle within the campus is prohibited, said the circular.
Further, all physical classes will remain suspended for the notified period and sessional exams have been postponed until further notice.
The circular also directed all college departments to move their classes online.
Also read: Sikkim: Philanthropist, painter, ex-legislator Thukchuk Lachungpa dies
- Why 40°C is bearable in a desert but lethal in the tropics
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems
- Indian-origin man jailed for defrauding property buyers in UK
- With people speaking ‘their truth’, how do we know what the truth is?
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances: Dy NSA Vikram Misri