Aizawl: The Centre on Thursday appointed senior IAS officer Renu Sharma as the new Chief Secretary of Mizoram.
The appointment of Sharma coincided with the Mizoram government appointing state additional chief secretary J.C. Ramthanga to take charge as Chief Secretary with effect from November 1.
The order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Thursday said that Sharma is transferred from Delhi and posted as the Chief Secretary of Mizoram with effect from November 1.
The transfer order was made with the approval of the competent authority, it said.
Sharma will replace Lalnunmawia Chuaungo, who will leave the chief secretary office on voluntary retirement on October 31.
Sharma, an AGMUT cadre IAS officer of 1988 batch, had already been posted in Mizoram and initially held Commissioner and Secretary in the finance and general administration departments between June 2011 and August 2012, according to an official.
She was again transferred to Mizoram in 2016 and posted as principal secretary in the state home and personnel & administrative reforms department, he said.
Meanwhile, the state government on Thursday appointed Ramthanga to take charge of the Chief Secretary with effect from November 1 and until further order. A Manipur cadre IAS officer of 1989 batch, Ramthanga is currently posted as additional chief secretary to the Chief Minister on deputation.
- New Songs Sunday: Check out these songs by Katy Perry, Alesso and Sean Paul!
- GAIL director arrested by CBI in bribery case
- West Bengal govt assesses crop damage due to unseasonal rain
- Arunachal reports 266 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate 23%
- Mizoram reports 875 new COVID-19 cases, two more fatalities
- Lata Mangeshkar continues to be in ICU: doctor