Aizawl: The Centre on Thursday appointed senior IAS officer Renu Sharma as the new Chief Secretary of Mizoram.
The appointment of Sharma coincided with the Mizoram government appointing state additional chief secretary J.C. Ramthanga to take charge as Chief Secretary with effect from November 1.
The order issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Thursday said that Sharma is transferred from Delhi and posted as the Chief Secretary of Mizoram with effect from November 1.
The transfer order was made with the approval of the competent authority, it said.
Sharma will replace Lalnunmawia Chuaungo, who will leave the chief secretary office on voluntary retirement on October 31.
Sharma, an AGMUT cadre IAS officer of 1988 batch, had already been posted in Mizoram and initially held Commissioner and Secretary in the finance and general administration departments between June 2011 and August 2012, according to an official.
She was again transferred to Mizoram in 2016 and posted as principal secretary in the state home and personnel & administrative reforms department, he said.
Meanwhile, the state government on Thursday appointed Ramthanga to take charge of the Chief Secretary with effect from November 1 and until further order. A Manipur cadre IAS officer of 1989 batch, Ramthanga is currently posted as additional chief secretary to the Chief Minister on deputation.
Also read: Tripura police now say no mosque burnt by VHP supporters
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees
- Mizoram cop on hunt for Myanmarese ‘killers’, locals seal border
- Assam governor felicitates boxer Lovlina on World Championship win