Manipur: The iconic all-woman market, popularly known as ‘Ima Keithel‘, in the state capital Imphal reopens from Monday, after it was closed once again during the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The market was once again shut down in April this year after it was briefly opened on February 15, 2021, after remaining closed for 11 months (from March 2020) during the first wave of the pandemic.
Last week, the Manipur government had issued new SOP guidelines while permitting reopening of the market among others activities.
However, the leaders of the market decided to open the market from today by taking due precautions and planning.
Before its opening on Monday, women representative from the market offered floral tributes to nearly about 15 women from the market who lost their lives due to the pandemic and/or due to other ailments.
This historic three women’s market Ima Keithel in Imphal has nearly 3,600 women licenced vendors and boasts a history of over 500 years of existence.
- Arunachal: Granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi visits Ziro
- Taylor Swift and the end of the Hollywood writers strike: A tale of two media narratives
- Former Congress MLA KT Rokhaw resigns, joins MNF ahead of elections
- Manipuri-English film promoting gender-neutral fashion to be screened in Mumbai
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team