Manipur: The iconic all-woman market, popularly known as ‘Ima Keithel‘, in the state capital Imphal reopens from Monday, after it was closed once again during the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The market was once again shut down in April this year after it was briefly opened on February 15, 2021, after remaining closed for 11 months (from March 2020) during the first wave of the pandemic.
Last week, the Manipur government had issued new SOP guidelines while permitting reopening of the market among others activities.
However, the leaders of the market decided to open the market from today by taking due precautions and planning.
Before its opening on Monday, women representative from the market offered floral tributes to nearly about 15 women from the market who lost their lives due to the pandemic and/or due to other ailments.
This historic three women’s market Ima Keithel in Imphal has nearly 3,600 women licenced vendors and boasts a history of over 500 years of existence.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900