Itanagar: The Yazali administration in Arunachal Pradesh’s Lower Subansiri district is giving away free rice to those who come forward to take the COVID-19 jab.
The idea of distributing free rice was envisioned by Yazali circle officer Tashi Wangchuk Thongdok in a bid to improve the COVID vaccination percentage of the circle and district.
As per the initiative, those above the age of 45 would be given 20 kilograms of rice free of cost if they get themselves inoculated.
The gambit was an instant hit as more than 50 people turned up for vaccination on Monday despite heavy rainfall.
Thongdok, a 2016 batch APCS officer, who along with the doctors has been working relentlessly to improve the vaccination coverage in Yazali circle, said the offer shall stay valid till Wednesday.
“We are constantly trying to work out strategies to improve the vaccination coverage in the circle and district. We are trying to achieve 100 percent coverage by June 20,” he said while seeking cooperation from all the stakeholders to achieve the target.
Thongdok has expressed gratitude to Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya alumni Taba Nagu and Lich Birbal who donated the rice for distribution among the beneficiaries.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister