Itanagar: The Yazali administration in Arunachal Pradesh’s Lower Subansiri district is giving away free rice to those who come forward to take the COVID-19 jab.
The idea of distributing free rice was envisioned by Yazali circle officer Tashi Wangchuk Thongdok in a bid to improve the COVID vaccination percentage of the circle and district.
As per the initiative, those above the age of 45 would be given 20 kilograms of rice free of cost if they get themselves inoculated.
The gambit was an instant hit as more than 50 people turned up for vaccination on Monday despite heavy rainfall.
Thongdok, a 2016 batch APCS officer, who along with the doctors has been working relentlessly to improve the vaccination coverage in Yazali circle, said the offer shall stay valid till Wednesday.
“We are constantly trying to work out strategies to improve the vaccination coverage in the circle and district. We are trying to achieve 100 percent coverage by June 20,” he said while seeking cooperation from all the stakeholders to achieve the target.
Thongdok has expressed gratitude to Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya alumni Taba Nagu and Lich Birbal who donated the rice for distribution among the beneficiaries.
- Wrestler Ravi Dahiya settles for silver after losing final to world champion Uguev
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5