The COVID-19 vaccine can have many side effects, but an Iranian cleric from the holy city of Qom believes that the vaccine can make you a homosexual.
Radical Islamist Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian, who has around 2,10,000 followers on his Telegram social media platform, wrote: “Don’t go near those who have had the COVID vaccine. They have become homosexuals.”
His views have evoked a sharp response from progressive people. Talking to a leading news daily, Sheina Vojoudi, an Iranian dissident who fled the Islamic Republic of Iran due to repression, mentioned that the cleric in Iran might be suffering from shortage of knowledge and lack of humanity and he might be relating to the shortage of sexuality like other cleric regime in Iran.
She added that his goal might be to scare people from taking the COVID-19 vaccine, even as the leader of the regime and other officials got vaccinated.
The LGBTQ+ and human rights campaigner, Peter Tatchell said while talking to a leading news daily that Ayatollah Tabrizian combines scientific ignorance with a crude appeal to homophobia.
He added that Ayatollah is fueling the pandemic and putting lives into risk by demonising both the vaccination program and LGBTQ+ .
- Promotion of tourism to be taken up on mission mode: Sitharaman
- Nagas have mandated NSCN-IM to negotiate with Govt: Q Tuccu
- Budget 2023: No tax on income up to Rs 7 lakh
- Provided free foodgrains to 80 cr people; no one went hungry during pandemic: FM
- Sikkim: Additional AG Sudesh Joshi resigns amid ‘foreigner’ row
- Tripura 2023: Seat sharing with Tipra Motha likely, says CPI-M