Shillong: Congress MLA David Nongrum passed away early Tuesday morning in Shillong after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Nongrum was declared brought dead to North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS).
Nongrum turned 42 in January. He joined Congress party in 2018 and contested from Mawryngkngeng constituency. Nongrum is a two-time MLA and also the son of former Speaker Charles Pyngrope.
James Sangma tweeted a condolence message.
“Extremely shocked & saddened to hear of the demise of Shri. David Nongrum, MLA of Mawryngkneng Constituency. His death is a loss not only to the people of his Constituency but also to the State. My deepest sympathies to the bereaved family. May God give them strength,” he said.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art