Mizoram’s four-year-old singing sensation Esther Hnamte, who caught the eye of singer AR Rahman for her beautiful rendition of Maa Tujhe Salaam, has now been honoured as the Amul girl.
Managing Director of Amul RS Sodhi shared the cartoon on Twitter with the caption, “#Amul Topical: Mizoram girl wins hearts with her ‘Vande Mataram’ song!”
The famous Amul cartoon read, “Esthereal performance” and “Amul vandeful taste.”
Hailing from College Veng in Lunglei district in Mizoram, Esther is the youngest of 3 siblings to father Lalrinenga Hnamte, and mother R Lalawmpui. She became an internet sensation when her cover of AR Rahman’s Maa Tujhe Salaam went viral last year.
In three months since its release, the video has over 6 million views with almost 4 lakh upvotes.
- Satwik-Chirag win Swiss Open title
- Here’s the shocking truth about dirt and germs in hotel rooms
- Focus on logistics policy at PM GatiShakti workshop for NE states
- Nagaland: First Naga anthology “Homegrown” released
- India logs 1,890 new COVID cases, highest in 149 days
- Assam CM thanks Modi, Shah for reducing areas in NE under AFSPA