Mizoram’s four-year-old singing sensation Esther Hnamte, who caught the eye of singer AR Rahman for her beautiful rendition of Maa Tujhe Salaam, has now been honoured as the Amul girl.
Managing Director of Amul RS Sodhi shared the cartoon on Twitter with the caption, “#Amul Topical: Mizoram girl wins hearts with her ‘Vande Mataram’ song!”
The famous Amul cartoon read, “Esthereal performance” and “Amul vandeful taste.”
Hailing from College Veng in Lunglei district in Mizoram, Esther is the youngest of 3 siblings to father Lalrinenga Hnamte, and mother R Lalawmpui. She became an internet sensation when her cover of AR Rahman’s Maa Tujhe Salaam went viral last year.
In three months since its release, the video has over 6 million views with almost 4 lakh upvotes.
- Assam Cong announces state-wide agitation from Oct 3 against power tariff hike
- Tripura HC stays Trial Court ruling against WhatsApp
- Is it normal to forget words while speaking? And when can it spell a problem?
- How to effectively manage methane emissions from Indian landfills
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study