Mizoram’s four-year-old singing sensation Esther Hnamte, who caught the eye of singer AR Rahman for her beautiful rendition of Maa Tujhe Salaam, has now been honoured as the Amul girl.
Managing Director of Amul RS Sodhi shared the cartoon on Twitter with the caption, “#Amul Topical: Mizoram girl wins hearts with her ‘Vande Mataram’ song!”
The famous Amul cartoon read, “Esthereal performance” and “Amul vandeful taste.”
Hailing from College Veng in Lunglei district in Mizoram, Esther is the youngest of 3 siblings to father Lalrinenga Hnamte, and mother R Lalawmpui. She became an internet sensation when her cover of AR Rahman’s Maa Tujhe Salaam went viral last year.
In three months since its release, the video has over 6 million views with almost 4 lakh upvotes.
- Kolkata receives highest September rainfall in 13 years, downpour to continue
- Need to end COVID-19 pandemic, our response too slow: UN chief
- ‘Hotel Rwanda’ hero sentenced to 25 years on terror charges
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam