Imphal: The MLA of Lilong Assembly Constituency, Y Antas Khan, has officially extended supported the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) led government in Manipur on Saturday.
The independent candidate has also submitted his letter of support to Governor Nejma Heptulla.
Welcoming Khan, Chief Minister N Biren Singh tweeted: “Warmest welcome, Shri Y Antas Khan, Hon’ble MLA, Lilong Assembly Constituency, for extending your support to BJP-led Government in the State.
The Government is working with a well-knit strategy to ensure the State’s overall development, emphasizing deprived and neglected areas.”
Lilong, along with Wangjing-Tentha, Saitu and Wangoi constituencies underwent re-polls on November 7 after the sitting Congress MLAs had resigned and joined BJP.
Khan won the by-election by defeating Md Abdul Nasir, another independent candidate.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands