Bollywood star and former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen in her usual demeanour delighted her fans, but this time she decked up in Manipuri traditional attire.
Designed by acclaimed fashion designer Robert Naorem from Manipur, Sushmita looked no less than a diva with a beautiful hand-embroidered floral pink silk wrap, locally known as Innaphi. Paired with pastel long sleeve blouse and a phanek, she looks dead-drop gorgeous in the traditional Manipuri attire.
The Bollywood actor and a mother of two beautiful daughters let her traditional outfit do the talking as she compliment with minimal make-up and donning the golden neckpiece.
Taking to his Facebook page, designer Naorem said “Actress & former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen and someone whose charm has always positivity and strength. Love you & forever for agreeing to shoot with my outfit. It’s a dream come true.”
Manipuri phaneks, also known as sarong or wraparound skirt, are handwoven on loin looms using cotton silk and other synthetic fabrics. They are available only in block colours or stripes sticking to its authenticity with floral patterns or bold designs. The Manipuri women usually worn with a mini blouse and Innaphi like a dupatta.
Earlier, Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut had donned the Manipuri traditional attire designed by Naorem and urged her followers to promote Indian fashions and its vibrant textiles.
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit