Tezpur: Gajraj Corps of Indian Army celebrated its 58th Raising Day at Tezpur in Assam on Sunday. During the special ceremony Lt Gen Shantanu Dayal, GOC 4 Corps on behalf of all ranks paid homage to all the martyrs and complimented all ranks for their efforts being put while serving in counter Insurgency areas of Assam as well as being deployed along the Indian-China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
Gajraj Corps was raised by Lt Gen BM Kaul at Tezpur on October 4 in 1962 amidst the India-China War and has been in effective role in both conventional and counter Insurgency operations in the eastern region of India stated the defence Public Relations Office (PRO) in Tezpur .
Defence PRO, Tezpur also remembered the Corps’ famous operations conducted under their commander Lt Gen Sagat Singh during the India- Pakistan War of 1971 when made their lethal charge towards Dhaka and joined the Meghna Heli Bridge Operations. With the use of Mi-4 helicopters to cross the Meghna river and laid havoc on their Pakistani counterparts and become the first Corps to enter Dhaka.
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital