New Delhi: Northeast India-based filmmaker Nicholas Kharkongor’s Hindi movie Axone will soon be released on the world’s biggest online OTT platform. The movie is scheduled to be streamed on Netflix from June 12.
The plot of the movie showcases people from the Northeast settled in Delhi and their attempt to organise a wedding party, only to find out that nothing goes well according to their plan.
The film is starred by Merenla Imsong, Asenla Jamir, Dolly Ahluwalia, Jimpa Bhutia and Aakash Bharadwaj, among others.
This is for the very first time a commercial Hindi movie was produced on the culture of Northeast India and the food surrounding it.
The film revolves around the plot where hell breaks loose when Minam (played by Asenla jamir) is all set to get married on her IAS interview day and some of her friends decide to surprise her by cooking her favourite dish ‘Axone’, which has a strong pungent smell when cooked.
The smell of ‘Axone’ send the neighbours in Delhi in a tizzy and things take an interesting turn from there.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art