Imphal: An online survey on the Ease of Living (EoL), an initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India, has been carried out by the Imphal Smart City Limited under MAHUD from February 1 to understand the overall developmental aspects in Manipur’s Imphal city.
This was informed by MAHUD commissioner, M Joy Singh, during a press conference held on Thursday at the City Convention Center in Imphal.
The Ease of Living index survey 2019 aims to generate information to guide evidence-based policy making and to catalyse action to achieve a broader developmental outcome, including the sustainable development goals.
The survey, which is also the second edition, would also assess and compare the outcomes achieved from various urban policies and schemes. Moreover, according to the officials, the survey would obtain views and perception of citizens on the role of public administration and its services to the people.
Speaking to media persons, MAHUD director, Th Harikumar Singh, said that the Ease of Living index 2019 comprises of three pillars which include quality of life, economic ability and sustainability.
With the valuable information and data collected from citizens would enable to improve service delivery and governance of cities, he added.
Ease of Living Index has been developed by the MoHUA with intent to put in place a system of performance evaluation reflecting the evolution of the ease of living of the Indian cities in consonance with citizens’ needs.
In 2018, Imphal city was ranked 91 out of 111 cities of the country in the EoL index survey. Moreover, the state capital becomes the third cleanest city in Northeast after Gangtok and Aizawl.
Eligibility for the survey:
- A person staying in Imphal for at least six months or more are eligible to attend the online survey
Steps to join the survey:
- Log in to the link for citizen feedback: Eol2019.org/citizenfeedback
- Scan the QR Code
It will take you to the page having 10 objective questionnaires.
The online campaign will be closed on February 29, 2020.
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules