Aizawl: Mizoram Art Development Society in collaboration with the information and public relations department of the state has organised a seven-day-long Annual Art Exhibition at Aijal Club in Aizawl, starting from Thursday.
In a move to scout for artistic talents among Mizo youths, the society is also planning to arrange a competition for high school students. In the coming months, it also plans to hold an art exhibition in Kolkata in West Bengal.
At this year’s annual’s art exhibition, various artists showcased their fresh paintings under charcoal, watercolour, oil, acrylic and mixed medium categories. Wood sculptures of artistes are also being displayed.
Mizoram Art Development Society has over 80 members and has been holding an annual exhibition since 2013.
At this year’s exhibition, 78 paintings from over 38 artists are being displayed and can be purchased at MC Cabe Hall, Aijal Club till November 13.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel