Tinsukia: A rifleman was killed while nine others were injured when an Army truck its on way to Gacham fell into a gorge near Shaitan Bridge in Arunachal Pradesh’s West Kameng district.
The deceased soldier has been identified at Rifleman Jeetu of 14 Rajputana Rifles.
Speaking with EastMojo, West Kameng SP Raja Banthia said, “An Army truck carrying 10 soldiers slipped off the road near Shaitan bridge and fell into a gorge.”
The vehicle was coming from Dahung and headed towards Gacham.
“One rifleman died on the spot while nine others were injured,” said Banthia, adding, “The injured soldiers were admitted to the military hospital at Dahung. Four soldiers were critical and shifted to the base hospital in Guwahati,” he added.
According to sources, while negotiating the gradient up after turning near the bridge, the vehicle which was being driven by an army driver slipped and fell into a gorge leading to the death of one of the rifleman.
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna amid muted hopes
- Sikkim’s Tholung Monastery revives 233-year-old Khamsel tradition after 9 years
- Dravid gives Rs 35K to groundsmen for preparing sporting pitch
- Bodies of COVID-19 victims ‘rotting’ in Bengaluru hospital for over one year