The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, visited the Motanga Industrial Park along the Bhutan-India border area on Saturday to oversee the work being done there.
A new oxygen production plant is being completed at Motanga to meet the needs of India in its fight against COVID-19 pandemic. Bhutan has already offered oxygen to India from its smaller plants earlier.
Also read: Bhutan lights lamps, offers prayers for COVID-19 victims in India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently had a conversation with Bhutan PM Lotay Tshering, where the Bhutanese Prime minister expressed solidarity with the government and people of India in their efforts against the recent wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The two leaders noted that the COVID-19 crisis has further highlighted the special friendship between India and Bhutan, anchored in mutual understanding and respect, shared cultural heritage, and strong people to people connections.
Also read: Watch: Bhutan cop wins hearts with polite request to Indian picnickers
- Assam: Major disaster averted as loaded gas-tanker flips in Sonapur
- Social media snaps sweep of Japan’s cherry blossom season in new detail
- Manipur: Security forces launch joint combing operation
- Guwahati-based startup TechVariable to take part in Dubai World AI show
- Why is PM still silent on Manipur, asks Cong
- CBI raids multiple locations in Bengal linked with job scam in civic bodies