The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, visited the Motanga Industrial Park along the Bhutan-India border area on Saturday to oversee the work being done there.
A new oxygen production plant is being completed at Motanga to meet the needs of India in its fight against COVID-19 pandemic. Bhutan has already offered oxygen to India from its smaller plants earlier.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently had a conversation with Bhutan PM Lotay Tshering, where the Bhutanese Prime minister expressed solidarity with the government and people of India in their efforts against the recent wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The two leaders noted that the COVID-19 crisis has further highlighted the special friendship between India and Bhutan, anchored in mutual understanding and respect, shared cultural heritage, and strong people to people connections.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary