Fatehpar (UP): A 16-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly abducted and raped in the Jehanabad area here, police said on Saturday.
The family of the minor girl filed a complaint with the police alleging that when she was sleeping in a shed outside her house on Thursday night, a 22-year-old man came and took her to his house and raped her, they said.
The father of the girl, along with some villagers, rescued the girl on Friday morning from the man’s house and informed the police, Jehanabad Police Station SHO Keshavdas Verma said.
The police have booked the accused under charges of rape and threatening to kill, and also under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and the SC/ST Act, Verma said.
The minor was sent to a local hospital for medical examination, he said.
The accused is absconding and efforts are on to arrest him, the officer added.
Also read: Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- India, China to contribute half of global economic growth in 2023: top Chinese think tank
- China aims to replace US as global net security provider, says Army chief
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR