Fatehpar (UP): A 16-year-old Dalit girl was allegedly abducted and raped in the Jehanabad area here, police said on Saturday.
The family of the minor girl filed a complaint with the police alleging that when she was sleeping in a shed outside her house on Thursday night, a 22-year-old man came and took her to his house and raped her, they said.
The father of the girl, along with some villagers, rescued the girl on Friday morning from the man’s house and informed the police, Jehanabad Police Station SHO Keshavdas Verma said.
The police have booked the accused under charges of rape and threatening to kill, and also under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and the SC/ST Act, Verma said.
The minor was sent to a local hospital for medical examination, he said.
The accused is absconding and efforts are on to arrest him, the officer added.
Also read: Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900