Kohima: Few, if any, in Nagaland will recall the name of Sir Akbar Hydari. The last Assam governor appointed by the British, Hydari’s tenure lasted only 18 months (May 1947-December 1948). But one of Hydari’s decisions created a lasting impact on Nagaland, and this week marks 50 years of that fateful decision.
They may comprise less than 3% of the state population. However, Roman Catholics, who are celebrating 50 years of the diocese of Kohima in Nagaland this week, have made valuable contributions to society, and when you trace their history, it becomes clear......
- Manipur CM returns after signing historic peace pact with Centre, UNLF
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 01
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer December 01
- Meghalaya: Two-day gaming fest Odyssey kicks off in Shillong
- Mizoram: Protest against change in vote counting day sees low turnout
- A new way to fight sexual violence in conflict zones