Lotha Hoho has joined other Naga Hohos in condemning the cold-blooded killing of 13 civilians in Mon district in Nagaland.
“The Lotha Hoho is to strongly condemn the Genocide committed by the Paramilitary Force of the Indian Army at Oting, Mon District of Nagaland, on the 4th December 2021 by murdering innocent Naga civilians, in cold blood,” said a press statement released by the office of Lotha Hohos.
The Lotha Hoho condemned “the inhumane act of the Indian Army” and “stand in solidarity with the bereaved families of the victims,” the release said. The statement further informed that the Lotha Hoho would close the Lotha Heritage Chumpho (Morung) at Naga Heritage Village, at Kisama, with immediate effect, till further notice.
The Lotha cultural troupes and all participating Lotha contingents will abstain from participation in the ongoing Hornbill Festival of 2021, from December 6, until further notice.
Further, the show of condemnation and solidarity within the Wokha district of Nagaland will be imposed, with effect from 6 am on Monday, the Hoho said. “Movement of any Army Personnel: Convoy or Patrol during the period will be taken as defiance of the Human Rights and atrocity. All shops, colleges and schools within the Wokha district would each hoist a Black Flag,” the statement added.
- Assam: Police to launch massive drive against child marriage from Feb 3
- Spent Rs 20.7L on preservation of cultural sites in 2021-22: Govt
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC