Assam Rifles busted another smuggling racket in the region on October 9. The force recovered 180 bags of Areca Nuts approximately costing Rs 34,34,400.
The bags were seized in Mizoram’s Champhai Road at the General Area Melbuk after the Assam Rifles received a tip-off.
Additionally, 14 cases of foreign cigarettes were also recovered worth Rs 19,99,400 from Champhai district’s Chhungte area.
The total cost of both the Areca Nuts and Foreign Cigarettes is Rs 54,33,800 and both operations were carried out by a joint team of Assam Rifles and Customs Department.
- Assam CM wants women to opt for motherhood at ‘appropriate age’
- G P Singh appointed next Director General of Assam Police
- GJM leaves Gorkhaland Territorial Admin, claims promises not kept
- Teak worth Rs 1 cr from Guwahati seized in NJP, two arrested
- IAF’s Sukhoi, Mirage aircraft crash in MP’s Morena; one pilot killed
- Assam: Police seize Yaba tablets worth Rs 1 crore in Karimganj, launch probe