Mizoram government has issued a notice alerting citizens against synthetic wax found in various imported consignments of Apples in the state.
The Food & Administration Wing, Health & Family Welfare (H&FW), Govt. of Mizoram found out these while conducting regular checks of imported fruits and vegetables at the state border.
According to a letter issued by the department to the public, several apples imported were found coated with wax which are not advisable for human consumption.
Use of paraffin wax is harmful for health as it creates a layer in the intestine and leads to severe stomach ailments.
According to the notice, Apples should be eaten only after washing in hot water or peeling off the outer layer.
- NEHU scientists discover Nagaland’s first cicada species
- Nepali youth protest in Kathmandu against Chinese land encroachment
- Italy to play Argentina in Europe-South America title game
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?