Aizawl: The Assam Rifles on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunition, and other war-like stores in Mizoram‘s Lawngtlai district near the India-Myanmar border, an official said.
The recovery was made following a joint operation by the paramilitary force and the state police based on specific information.
The seized weapons include three pistols, 174 live rounds, three kg of explosives, and mobile phone modified IEDs, he said.
No arrests have yet been made in this connection.
In another development, the Assam Rifles and Customs Department seized 502 cases of smuggled foreign cigarettes worth Rs 6.52 crore in Champhai district of Mizoram on Thursday, the official said.
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border
- Heroin worth Rs 8 crore seized in Assam, two held
- Myntra’s Big Fashion Festival: #WinWithMyntraBFFGameZone
- Troubled by migraines? Here’s how to keep your head cool