Aizawl: The Assam Rifles on Thursday recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunition, and other war-like stores in Mizoram‘s Lawngtlai district near the India-Myanmar border, an official said.
The recovery was made following a joint operation by the paramilitary force and the state police based on specific information.
The seized weapons include three pistols, 174 live rounds, three kg of explosives, and mobile phone modified IEDs, he said.
No arrests have yet been made in this connection.
In another development, the Assam Rifles and Customs Department seized 502 cases of smuggled foreign cigarettes worth Rs 6.52 crore in Champhai district of Mizoram on Thursday, the official said.
Also read: Nagaland: Section 144 imposed in Tizit area over ‘land dispute’
- Meghalaya: Citizens, forest officials nab illegal timber
- India will become ‘Vishwaguru’ in knowledge: Assam Governor
- Congress protests in Guwahati over action against Rahul
- What Vincent van Gogh’s letters to his family say about why he became an artist
- Countdown for LVM3-M3 OneWeb India-2 mission begins
- Why Tripura’s youngest MLA says youth are ‘bound to join politics’