Shillong: A Nigerian man and a woman were arrested by the Meghalaya Police from Delhi in a cyber fraud case, officials said on Monday.
A police team from the East Garo Hills district apprehended the duo from Tilak Nagar in west Delhi on Sunday with the help of Delhi Police, they said.
They were arrested in a Rs 2 lakh cyber fraud case, lodged at the Williamnagar police station, officials said.
Eleven mobile phones and 18 ATM cards were seized from their possession, a police officer said.
It is suspected that they may be involved in many other cases across India, he said.
They will be brought to Meghalaya for further investigation, he added.
- No rhinos poached in Assam: Leo DiCaprio praises landmark feat
- BJP Tripura manifesto promises rubber units, more autonomy for tribals
- Tripura 2023: Success of women candidates may decide next govt
- Mask Art of Majuli: IGNCA docu in France, Chennai Int’l film fests
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong promises ‘5-star’ state as poll campaign takes off
- Assam betelnut smuggler, hiding in Bangladesh, caught from Karimganj