Shillong: A Nigerian man and a woman were arrested by the Meghalaya Police from Delhi in a cyber fraud case, officials said on Monday.
A police team from the East Garo Hills district apprehended the duo from Tilak Nagar in west Delhi on Sunday with the help of Delhi Police, they said.
They were arrested in a Rs 2 lakh cyber fraud case, lodged at the Williamnagar police station, officials said.
Eleven mobile phones and 18 ATM cards were seized from their possession, a police officer said.
It is suspected that they may be involved in many other cases across India, he said.
They will be brought to Meghalaya for further investigation, he added.
- Anand Mahindra’s reply on his qualification wins the internet
- Nagaland: MoU inked to strengthen SHGs for persons with disabilities
- Assam: Six-day infant, family rescued from flood-hit Silchar
- ‘Panipuri’ banned in Kathmandu valley as cholera cases jump
- Two Nepali teens gang-raped in UP’s Balrampur
- Nagaland Lottery June 27: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result