Imphal: Troops of the Assam Rifles in Chandel district, Manipur, arrested a drug smuggler and recovered a huge quantity of contraband items on Wednesday.
The operation was conducted at a Mobile Vehicle Check Post in Aisi village after receiving information about the movement of contraband items.
During the search and frisking, the now-arrested individual was found with 275 soap cases containing about three kilograms of brown sugar.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The seized brown sugar is estimated to be worth approximately Rs 6 crore in the international market.
The security forces have handed over the arrested drug smuggler and the recovered items to the Chakpikarong Police Station for further investigation.
Also Read | Manipur: Man held with gold biscuits worth over Rs 3 crore in Chandel
- Family of deceased BSF lady constable appeal to Assam CM for justice
- Assam: Rhino carcass found at Kaziranga National Park
- Dikchu landslide: Sikkim mulls mass evacuation from sinking area
- Active Covid cases above 10,000 after 134 days
- Govt taking effort to lower volume limit for vehicle horns: Meghalaya Dy CM
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal