Imphal: Former minister O Lukhoi Singh was appointed as the vice president of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Manipur Pradesh on Thursday.
State party president A Sharda Devi issued an organisational appointment stating, “In exercise of the power conferred upon me under Article 17, Clause 3(1) of the party constitution, I do hereby appoint Oinam Lukhoi Singh as the state vice president for the current term with immediate effect.”
The ex-MLA and former agriculture minister, O Lukhoi Singh lost to Khuraijam Loken Singh of NPP from the Wangoi constituency in the last Manipur Legislative Assembly.
- AAP to contest at least 25 seats in Mizoram next year: Senior leader
- Meghalaya: Biotech KISAN Hub field demonstration unit now at NEHU
- Nobel Prize Day: Here are some interesting facts you didn’t know
- AIFF to strictly follow transparency in financial dealings: Secy Gen Prabhakaran
- Assam: Silchar railway station to receive Rs 250-crore facelift
- Arunachal paper leak case: Eight accused named in CBI chargesheet