Security forces of IGAR (South) under Spear Corps along with Manipur Police successfully persuaded 12 insurgents of the Liberation Tigers of Tribals (LTT) to lay down their arms and join the mainstream.
On 27 July 2022, a homecoming ceremony was organised at Imphal where 12 cadres of the LTT group laid down their arms before Manipur CM N Biren Singh.
The cadres surrendered along with one M-16 Rifle, two AK-56 Rifles, one double barrel gun, one .22 Rifle, two 9mm Pistols (one country made), one Lathode (country made), one CMG (country made), one Chinese hand grenade, 14 live rounds of AK rifle, and a Kenwood radio set.
- How small acts of kindness can make you happier & healthier
- What is click chemistry that won chemist trio Nobel Prize?
- Good coffee vs bad coffee: Curious tastes of cultural omnivores
- India announce 21-member squad for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Doomsday bunkers, Mars and ‘The Mindset’: the tech bros trying to outsmart the end of the world
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars