Imphal: Another powerful blast suspected to be an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded at one of the residences in Khurai in Imphal East district early on Friday morning. This is the second blast reported in Imphal in the last 24 hours.
As per reports, the explosion occurred at the residence of one RK Virendra at Khurai Thoidingjam Leikai at about 3:50 am. No injuries or casualties were reported.
However, three vehicles parked in the area and windows were damaged due to the force of the blast.
Soon after the blast was reported, a team of Porompat police and forensic science rushed to the site to conduct further inquiry.
RK Virendra is currently serving as an executive engineer at the agriculture department.
Earlier, on early Thursday morning, a suspected IED blast was reported at Nagamapal Lamaban Leikai in Imphal West district.
- PM Modi wishes Dalai Lama on his birthday
- Assam Cabinet OKs indigenous identity for 5 Muslim communities
- Assam: Three Bangladeshi nationals repatriated from Karimganj
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for July 6
- Ajmer dargah cleric arrested for call to ‘behead’ Nupur Sharma
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for July 6