Imphal: A powerful blast suspected to be an improvised explosive device (IED) has been reported at Nagamapal in Imphal early on Thursday morning. However, no injury or casualty has been reported.
As per the police, the explosion took place around 3 am in front of one spare parts shop at Nagamapal Lamaban Leikai under Imphal police station.
The shop is reportedly owned by one Prakash Shetri, 46, son of R B Shetri of Mantripukhri.
Due to the force of the explosion, the shutter of the shop was totally damaged, police said.
No individual or organisations has claimed responsibility of the blast till the time of filing this report.
- Manipur: Temporary prison set up in Churachandpur
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign
- New school initiative for displaced children launched in Churachandpur
- Meghalaya: Does Police use ‘brutal force’ as often as Opposition claims?