Imphal: A powerful blast suspected to be an improvised explosive device (IED) has been reported at Nagamapal in Imphal early on Thursday morning. However, no injury or casualty has been reported.
As per the police, the explosion took place around 3 am in front of one spare parts shop at Nagamapal Lamaban Leikai under Imphal police station.
The shop is reportedly owned by one Prakash Shetri, 46, son of R B Shetri of Mantripukhri.
Due to the force of the explosion, the shutter of the shop was totally damaged, police said.
No individual or organisations has claimed responsibility of the blast till the time of filing this report.
- Manipur: Two militants of banned Kuki outfit arrested
- World Chocolate Day: 10 Fun facts you didn’t know!
- Film industry being singled out as ‘worst place in the world’: Deepti Naval
- Govt bulldozing people’s budget through inflation: Cong on LPG price hike
- Political instability deepens in Sri Lanka as Aviation Minister resigns
- Bus service to Kathmandu starts from West Bengal’s Siliguri