A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was detonated inside the district Forest Divisional Office in Phungreitang, Ukhrul, on Saturday. According to reports, there were no casualties in the incident, which occurred at 8:30 p.m.
According to reports, the explosion, which went off near the living quarters of a peon, caused a foot-wide crater, and the impact of the explosion destroyed the quarter’s toilet and windows.
In response to the incident, a group of Ukhrul police officers, led by Additional SP (operation) Samir and SI Marchang, rushed to the scene to assess the situation.
According to police officials, one car drove away from the eastern side of the office building shortly before the explosion, which was captured on CCTV.
For the protection of stationed election observers, personnel, and people of the nearby vicinity, Ukhrul Police has sealed the whole campus and deployed security officers in all four corners.
At the Ukhrul police station, a suo moto case was also filed for causing property damage and endangering public safety.
Meanwhile, Tangkhul Naga Long (TNL), Tangkhul Naga Wungnao Long (TNWL), Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (TKS), Tangkhul Shanao Long (TSL), Tangkhul Mayar Ngala Long (TMNL), and four Zonal chairmen have all denounced the bombing in Ukhrul town.
“We unequivocally condemn the inhumane and violent act of creating fear psychosis and a threat to peace and lives of citizens,” the CSO presidents and zonal chairmen said in a statement published on Sunday.
Also read | Bomb hurled at NPP polling booth in Imphal East
- Sri Lanka’s opposition asks govt to share details on alleged bomb threat
- Gwadar rights leader threatens to close Chinese-run port from July 21: Report
- Tripura: Senior BJP leaders to attend state executive meeting
- Measuring China’s diplomatic reach in the Pacific
- PACS may be allowed to sell petroleum products, run PDS shops
- SC agrees to hear next week pleas challenging Centre’s ‘Agnipath’ scheme