Imphal: At least 22 Myanmar nationals, including children, who were reportedly trying to enter India illegally along the Indo-Myanmar border has been detained by security forces at Moreh, said an official.
As per the official report, Tengnoupal battalion under the aegis of IGAR (South) foiled an attempt by illegal Myanmar nationals to enter India on Saturday.
During routine check at PVCP Khudengthabi, troops of Assam Rifles intercepted 22 Myanmar nationals who were attempting to illegally enter India with the assistance of 12 Indian nationals, it said.
The illegal immigrants have been handed over to Moreh police for further investigation and legal action, it added.
- 21-year-old model found dead in Kolkata flat
- In the new cold war, China is not Russia
- Imran Khan gives 6-day ultimatum to Pakistan govt to announce fresh polls
- PM Modi to inaugurate India’s biggest drone festival
- BTS: Korean brand apologises for ‘editing’ Jungkook’s tattoo in ad
- Mamata condoles death of 5 Bengal trekkers in Uttarakhand