Imphal: Amid the surge of fresh cases of COVID-19 in the state, the Manipur government on Saturday issued new guidelines for gatherings.
In the new order issued by Chief Secretary Rajesh Kumar, the state has restricted gatherings to maximum of 50 persons or half of the capacity, whichever is less, in case of closed spaces. In the case of gathering in open spaces, the order states a maximum of 200 persons can gather.
The order also stated that wearing of face masks in public places, gatherings and crowded areas is a critical COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour and should be strictly enforced, and violators will be penalised promptly under relevant rules.
Kumar, who is also the chairman of the state executive committee, further directed all district magistrates and district superintendents of police to personally be responsible and strictly enforce the restrictions by invoking relevant provisions of law.
This order will remain in force till fresh guidelines relating to public gathering are received from the Election Commission of India, he added.
It may be mentioned that on Friday, six more cases of Omicron variant of COVID-19 were reported in the state, taking the total tally of Omicron cases in Manipur to seven.
All the six individuals who had been tested positive for the Omicron variant have completed their mandatory isolation and have been discharged with RT-PCR negative test reports, informed health director Dr K Rajo Singh.
Of the six new cases of Omicron, one is a female returnee from a foreign country and another male was a visitor to the state. The others are their close contacts, he added.
Also read: Accident-free Uruka night, New Year’s eve in Guwahati
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees