Imphal: Six insurgents belonging to different banned outfits in Manipur have been arrested by security forces in separate joint operations.
As per an official statement, in two separate joint operations with Manipur Police, Phundrei Battalion Assam Rifles, under the aegis of IGAR (South), arrested insurgents of proscribed groups People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and United National Liberation Front (UNLF) in Kakching and Thoubal districts, respectively, on Wednesday and Thursday.
Based on specific input from reliable sources, troops of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched operations leading to these apprehensions, the statement said.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Kakching and Khongjom Police Station for further investigation.
Meanwhile, in another operation, Mantripukhri Battalion of Assam Rifles ,under the aegis of IGAR (South), along with Manipur Police arrested four cadres of proscribed insurgent group Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) in Heingang, Imphal West district on Tuesday, it said.
Based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles, along with Manipur Police, launched an operation that led to the apprehension of insurgents along with extortion demand letters.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Heingang Police Station for further investigation, it added.
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary
- Sikkim: Nepalese word not in petition, says association on ‘immigrant row’