Imphal: Six insurgents belonging to different banned outfits in Manipur have been arrested by security forces in separate joint operations.
As per an official statement, in two separate joint operations with Manipur Police, Phundrei Battalion Assam Rifles, under the aegis of IGAR (South), arrested insurgents of proscribed groups People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and United National Liberation Front (UNLF) in Kakching and Thoubal districts, respectively, on Wednesday and Thursday.
Based on specific input from reliable sources, troops of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched operations leading to these apprehensions, the statement said.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Kakching and Khongjom Police Station for further investigation.
Meanwhile, in another operation, Mantripukhri Battalion of Assam Rifles ,under the aegis of IGAR (South), along with Manipur Police arrested four cadres of proscribed insurgent group Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) in Heingang, Imphal West district on Tuesday, it said.
Based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles, along with Manipur Police, launched an operation that led to the apprehension of insurgents along with extortion demand letters.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Heingang Police Station for further investigation, it added.
- Volcanic ash delays aid to Tonga as scale of damage emerges
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs
- Demand for relaxing partial lockdown measures in tourism sector in Bengal
- Dhanush-Aishwaryaa split after 18 years leaves fans stunned
- Arunachal boy Ongbem Mossang brings cheers to his village
- Pornography case: SC grants protection from arrest to Poonam Pandey