Imphal: With 206 fresh cases reported on Wednesday, Manipur saw a sudden surge of COVID-19 positive cases, recording a positivity rate of 8.6 per cent.
However, there were no new coronavirus-related fatality in the state in the last 24 hours, as per the latest health bulletin.
The total number of positive cases is 1,26,550, while the cumulative deaths is 2,012.
Among the new positive cases, 72 are from Imphal West, 27 from Churachandpur, 22 from Imphal East, six from Bishnupur, four from Thoubal, three each from Kakching and Ukhrul, two from Senapati and one from Chandel district.
In the last 24 hours, nine more persons were discharged and the total number of recovered cases is 1,23,802. The recovery rate stands at 97.83 per cent.
At present, the number of active cases is 736, of which 191 are in home isolation.
Also read: Strictly follow COVID-19 norms: Mamata to Gangasagar pilgrims
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees