Imphal: With 206 fresh cases reported on Wednesday, Manipur saw a sudden surge of COVID-19 positive cases, recording a positivity rate of 8.6 per cent.
However, there were no new coronavirus-related fatality in the state in the last 24 hours, as per the latest health bulletin.
The total number of positive cases is 1,26,550, while the cumulative deaths is 2,012.
Among the new positive cases, 72 are from Imphal West, 27 from Churachandpur, 22 from Imphal East, six from Bishnupur, four from Thoubal, three each from Kakching and Ukhrul, two from Senapati and one from Chandel district.
In the last 24 hours, nine more persons were discharged and the total number of recovered cases is 1,23,802. The recovery rate stands at 97.83 per cent.
At present, the number of active cases is 736, of which 191 are in home isolation.
- Meghalaya reports 406 new COVID-19 cases, one more death
- Protect Naga culture, tradition through art: Nagaland CM to artists
- One died, two injured after gunman open fire in Gomati district
- World Bank approves Rs 1000 cr loan to help people get Bengal govt services
- Snow in Arunachal, hail in Shillong, rains across NE: La Niña effect?
- Dalai Lama condoles death of Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh