Imphal: Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has complained to the Election Commission of India that the BJP-led Manipur state government has violated the election Code of Conduct by issuing several policy orders after the announcement of the Code of Conduct.
K Meghachandra Singh, Working President of MPCC in a Press conference held at Congress Bhavan, Imphal on Tuesday, said that state government issued orders converting many private colleges into government aided colleges.
The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held late Friday night, hours ahead of the election Code of Conduct kicking in.
Singh also demanded a CBI enquiry into cases of alleged misappropriation of state government funds meant for public works.
- PM, Jugnauth jointly launch India-assisted projects in Mauritius
- UAE envoy: Yemen’s Houthis used missiles in Abu Dhabi attack
- Israel inks multi-billion dollar submarine deal with Germany
- 5G row: Air India resumes 6 India-US flights after Boeing’s clearance
- Emirates to again fly Boeing 777 to US as 5G rollout slowed
- Top US, European diplomats hold talks on Ukraine crisis