Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Thursday inaugurated an Astro Turf Football Ground at Jamning Valley Amusement Park at Kapolei village in Senapati district.
The newly-inaugurated astro turf football ground was constructed under the state tourism department.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren Singh said, “Delighted to inaugurate the Astro Turf Football Ground at the picturesque Jamning Valley Amusement Park in Senapati district.”
He further stated that with Prime Narendra Modi’s guidance, various developmental projects have been taken up in the hill districts, thereby eliminating the hill-valley disparity.
“The football turf ground will cater to the demands of aspiring footballers of Senapati district and build a platform for a well-disciplined and healthy society,” Singh added.
The inaugural function was also attended by PHED minister Losii Dikho and MLA L Susindro Meitei among others.
A similar astro turf football ground is also under construction in Ukhrul district and it is likely to be inaugurated early next year.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF