Imphal: Security forces foiled a cross-border narcotics trafficking attempt at Khudengthabi in Manipur’s Tengnoupal district on Wednesday, an official said.
According to an official report, during routine checking at Permanent Vehicle Check-Post at Khudengthabi, Tengnoupal Battalion of Assam Rifles recovered 447 grams suspected brown sugar concealed in pillows from a vehicle.
The seized narcotics items are assessed to be worth of Rs 89.40 lakh.
The recovered items along with driver and the vehicle were handed over to Moreh Police Station for further legal action.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips