Imphal: Arunkumar Thangjam, the proprietor of Arun Enterprises, has joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday. He is likely to be the party candidate from 15 Wangkhei assembly constituency in the upcoming assembly elections early next year.
He was warmly accorded by state party chief Adhikarimayum Sharda Devi along with other party leaders at its party headquarters in Imphal.
Welcoming the businessman into the party fold, its chief Sharda Devi tweeted “Inspired by PM Modi’s vision of a strong and developed India, Arunkumar Thangjam of Wangkhei joins BJP party.”
Last year, entrepreneur Thangjam had joined the Congress party in presence of the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) leaders, including CLP leader Okram Ibobi Singh.
The seat of Wangkhei AC has been lying vacant after the Congress MLA Okram Henry Singh resigned from the party and joined the BJP.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group