Imphal: Students of Dhanamanjuri University stormed the vice-chancellor’s office and vandalised the administrative block on Monday following the university’s delay in announcing the results of the third and fourth-semester examination in August.
Speaking to EastMojo, Momocha, one of the students, informed that they wanted to peacefully meet the vice-chancellor. However, the situation went out of control, which led to vandalising of the administrative block.
According to him, some students also sustained minor injuries while vandalising the VC’s office.
Momocha said he and other students would like to apologise for the situation, stressing that they never intended to damage the administrative block.
Students of DM College of Arts, DM College of Science, DM College of Commerce, GP Women college and LMS Law College have been demanding the university administration to declare their results and issue the mark sheets as the last date for submission of UGC scholarship is November 30.
According to Momocha, the administration has assured to extend the date for the submission of the scholarship form.
Since the admission process is still ongoing in some state institutions, the last date for online scholarship has been extended till December 15, said C Arthur Worchuiyo, Director, Tribal Affairs and Hills, Manipur.
- US special coordinator for Tibet to visit India and Nepal
- Gay men asked to be alert as monkeypox cases rise to 7 in UK
- Indian education organisations shortlisted for UK awards
- Amit Shah to be chief guest at DU’s international seminar
- Netflix sets May 20 premiere date for ‘Jersey’
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance